Effortless Distribution – Download It – Stream It –Ship It
CD Technical’s Digital Delivery System (DDS) is the leading solution for independent musicians looking for worldwide distribution of their music (or spoken word) in every imaginable format. Sell your music as MP3 or WAV downloads and on audio CD’s from a custom branded e-store we create and host for you. (Starting at just $19.95/month.)
A Personalized Web Store for You!
Instead of marketing your music products on a site with thousands of your competitors (i.e. iTunes, Amazon etc), we will build and host your music e-store away from your competition. No longer will you lose sales because a mega site like iTunes or Amazon referred your customer to another artist and he made the sale instead.
No Programming Skills Required
We will design, build, host and maintain your music e-store at a surprisingly low fee. We will convert your audio files from your CDs to MP3 files at no extra charge. We handle credit card transactions and will ship your CDs to your customers at no extra charge to you.
What we’ll do for you:
- Personalized e-commerce music store built for you.
- Sell Your Music on CD.
- Download Your Music in MP3 format for people who prefer to listen while on the go.
- CD Duplication-on-Demand eliminates inventory costs using our CD duplication-on-demand program.
- Order taking using our shopping cart and credit card processing.
- Fulfillment we can ship your CDs to any address on Earth at no charge to you, the seller.
- Digital Download Cards available to you.
A Web Store as Unique as Your Music
Branding your e-store will give you an edge over the competition. Selling your music products on a mega site like Amazon© or iTunes© where you are hosted side by side with thousands of other musicians is becoming less and less desirable as a marketing strategy. Why would you allow your hard-earned fans to peruse the music of other artists when it was you they came to buy? It doesn’t make sense. You have carefully and thoughtfully cultivated your audience and you should be capturing their music purchases without danger of them being siphoned off by competitors on a mega reseller site. Remember, Amazon© and iTunes© doesn’t promote you and your music – they promote themselves. Only your branded e-store will promote you.
Accounting for Independent Musicians
Receive a detailed report of sales activity from your e-store at the end of every day. This report will include not only the products purchased but also complete contact information on each customer e.g. name, address, email and phone. And at the end of the month you will receive a check for total revenue minus monthly fees plus a spreadsheet accounting of all sales activity. Your monthly check from us represents your net profit from your e-store – no further accounting required!
Simple, Easy to Understand Pricing and No Revenue Sharing!
At CD Technical we do not share in your revenue stream. Ours is a fee-based service consisting of one very easy to afford monthly hosting fee plus a small order processing fee. This structure allows you to sell as much product as you can with no hidden fees and no escalating costs. And with our easy to customize merchandising options, you can package your music products in every configuration imaginable. Sell your music by download or on CD or by digital download cards – track by track or as full albums and in any combination thereof.
Add other physical merchandise like T-shirts, posters, caps and etc at no additional charge. You can even sell books and DVD videos of your live events. Sell your music or give away sample tracks at public events using our digital download cards instead of hauling boxes of CDs around. Or sell your CD with a free download. Or offer an MP3 download with the purchase of a CD. The marketing possibilities are endless.
- Track sales from referral web sites
- Pay commissions to colleagues who refer customers to you
- Setup a network of referral web sites
- Payment from your online sales made directly to you at end of each month
- Monthly [payment represents your net profit from online sales
- No further accounting required
Credit Card Processing
- Use our merchant account (already installed)
- Saves you time: we handle refunds and credit card disputes for you
- Saves you money: merchant account is already installed – adds no additional cost
Customer Database Creation
- Sales and customer information sent to you on a daily basis
- Use your daily reports to build you own database of customers for further marketing efforts
Daily Sales Reports
- Sales reports emailed to you automatically at end of each day
- Can be received as HTML document or attached Excel file
- Shows name, address, phone and email of buyer
- Shows product purchased, amount paid including shipping and handling
- Every sale is date and time stamped
Digital Download Cards
- Give password access to your e-books and MP3 files for download
- Cards printed 4/1 from your print-ready art
- Unique serial numbers created and added
- Serial numbers linked to 1 or more files and 1 or more downloads, your choice
Discount and Promo Code Program
- Offer discounts to a customer or group of customers
- Setup a reseller with wholesale pricing
- Run a sale for a week or a month
- Run a sale on selected items, like your latest release
- Accept donations to your worthy cause
- Donors contribute by credit card
- Donors receive receipt of their donation for their tax records
- Your customers can purchase your Audio files for instant download
- If a download is interrupted, your customer can restart download until successful
- PDF files and JPEG files can also be downloaded
- We will duplicate and ship your CDs as they are ordered
- No need to maintain inventory
- Can be a bare CD or a complete packaged and shrink wrapped retail product
Encode Audio Files
- We will convert your CD audio files to MP3 for fast download
- Compression is generally at 192kb/s. You may select a higher or lower bit rate
- We can convert to high quality WAV files if you prefer
FAQ Help File
- Online help file that will answer 99% of your customer’s questions
- Order fulfillment at no charge to you, the seller
- We ship to every address on Earth
- Includes packaging and postage
- Includes tracking
- We can install your Google analytics code on your e-store
- Track visitors to your e-store
- Determine where visitors come from and where they go
- Determine where visitors spend their time on your e-store
- Determine how much time visitors spend and what they look at
Sales Activity Reports
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports sent directly to you
- Includes details of every sales transaction in your e-store
- Can be received as HTML document or spreadsheet attachment
- Includes customer name, address, phone and email
- End of month report reconciles your sales revenue minus our fees
- Simplifies your e-store accounting
- 100% secure
- PCI compliant
- SSL certified
- Streaming video may be added to your site as an option
- Videos can be streamed as pay-per-view
- Videos can be grouped together as a subscription package
Tech Support & Customer Service
- Unlimited tech support to you by phone or email
- Unlimited customer service to you by phone or email
- FAQ file placed on your e-store will answer 99% of customer questions
- We handle all credit card disputes for you
- We fix any technical issues usually within 24 hours
To create and populate a DDS music e-store for you typically takes 5-7 business days.
Four things we need from you to begin work on your store:
- Graphics, text, audio/video content, price schemes and instructions
- A signed DDS contract
- Setup fee
- The first month of hosting fees
Once a site is finished and online, the customer must view and approve. If additional changes to the site or the content are required, CD Technical will make up to 1 hour of changes at no charge. Additional changes to the site or the content will be billed at $85/hour.